Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And a Good Time Was Had By All - I Think.....

Well, many thanks to Nadine Spano for referring me to her friend Briana Scazafabo, who invited me to present a cooking demonstration at the apartment housewhere she does the event planning in Philadelphia.  Tonight was the first of many (I hope) cooking demonstrations at that location. (The recipes are listed in my last post).  Great people (attentive, appreciative, and great questions), great facility (you should see this set up!), and great food (of course I'm going to say that.)  I've decided that my next investment has to be a movie camera so that I can record these sessions and upload them to my website and here, if I can figure out how to do it.

The "finger food" presented to the guests along with the demonstration food included salsa and chips, hummus and toasted pita chips, Chorizo en croute, chicken, jalapeno, and cheese quesadillas, and fried peppers in marinara sauce with garlic crostini. 

Going back on 21 June to do a Luau themed cocktail party.  More on that to come.

On a somewhat humorous note......As I was leaving, I pulled out of the loading dock onto Ludlow Street and made a left onto 34th Street.  Pulled into the left lane, right past a Philly Police Officer and made a left turn onto Chestnut.  Flashing lights in my rear views told me I did something wrong.  Well yes, Steve - 34th Street is a two way street and you just pulled into the oncoming traffic lane.  The police officer let me go with a warning.  Thank you officer, your leniency is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment